- John and Mary ……. the radio.
a. are listening on b. are listening to c. is listening on d. is listening to
John and Mary are listening to the radio.
2. What’s his name?
a. It’s name Jack b. It’s a Jack c. It’s Jack’s name d. It’s Jack
3. The lamp is …….. the television.
a. at b. next to. c. near of d. between
The lamp is next to the television.
4. My brother is writing ………
a. by a pencil b. with pen c. in a paper d. in a book
My brother is writing in in a book.
5. Monday is the first day
a. Tuesday is the second b. The second is Thursday c. Tuesday is the fourth d. The fourth is Thursday.
Tuesday is the second.
6. Micheal ….for the Bank since last year.
a. did work b. has worked c.does work d. works
Michael has worked for the Bank since last year.
7. I’m really looking forward ….. this exercise
a.to finish b.finishing c. finish d.to finishing
I’m really looking forward to finishing this exercise.
8.Suddenly, we heard a loud noise, but outside, there ……..there!
a.was nobody b. is anybody c. wasn’t nobody d.was somebody
Suddenly we heard a loud noise, but outside, there was nobody there.
9. Michael………Paris in the morning
a.to leaving b leaves for c is leaving for d. leave to
Michael is leaving for Paris in the morning.
10. a. What’s like the weather? b. How’s the weather? c. What’s the weather like? d. How the weather is?
Options B and C can both be used.
11. I ….. working at night nowadays.
a. used to b. used c. am used to. d would
I am used to working at night nowadays.
12. I wish I ….. a million dollars, I’m tired of being poor.
a. have b would have c.had d. had had
I wish I had a million dollars, I’m tired of being poor.
13. ….. in telling me these lies, because you know I don’t believe you.
a. There is no use b. It is no point c.It is no use d. It is usefulness
There is no use in telling me these lies, because you know I won’t believe you.
14. By this time tomorrow we ….. the meeting.
a. will have b. will have had c. are having d.will had had
By this time tomorrow, we would have had the meeting.
15. “We’ll never be able to do it” said the man to nobody ……
a. especially b. specially c. in particular d. himself
“We’ll never be able to do it” said the man to nobody in particular.
a. carry out b. be thirsty. c. supply d. prove
a. carry out
a. build b. fall down. c. stay safe d. keep safe
b. fall down
a. cause b. expectation. c. approach d. promotion
a. proud b. skilled c. wise d. well – known
a. wear b. stiff c. necessary d. unimportant
21. Match the words with their meanings
- conventional – e. customary
- prohibit – g. ban b. creative
- lift – a. elevator
- disperse – f. scatter
- cogent – d. convincing
- ingenious – b. creative
- vibrate – c. fluctuate
From the bold words find the one which is not correct.
22. Some fish live at such enormous depths that they are almost complete blind
23. Animals that live in cold climates often hibernate throughout the winter when food is scarcely.
24. Morse code was an important way to send messages before the telephone and radio are invented.
25. Language is an important factor in the accumulate of culture.